Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daily Style

I thought it would be fun to bring back my daily style posts.  I am not sure how regular they will be.  Some weeks I may do a few and other weeks I may do none.  I really like doing outfit posts because they may me more aware of how I am dressing and make me put a little bit more effort in.  So here goes.....

Backwards Dirndl 3

Dress - Vintage
Cardigan - Temt
Belt - Poundland
Shoes - K-mart

I wore this today for a spot of grocery shopping.  Not a very exciting day really but had to be done as the cupboards are bare.  I did manage to squeeze in some subway and a mango bubble tea while we were out though so the day wasn't a total loss.

Backwards Dirndl

I bought this dress from an awesome vintage store in London called Beyond Retro.  It is the coolest vintage shop I have ever seen in my life! It is enormous and has everything you could ever think of.  All the racks are split up into items of clothing and then colour coded so it is really easy to find what you are looking for.  The dresses have a whole side of the shop dedicated to them.  I wish we had a shop like this in Australia!  I bought 3 dresses and a 50's swimsuit/jumpsuit from there.  And do you want to know a secret about this dress......

Backwards Dirndl 2

I'm wearing it backwards!!!  It is actually a vintage dirndl dress but I couldn't decide what top to wear under it so I just spun it around a wore it backwards.  I was inspired by this post that I read ages ago on The Clothes Horse's blog.  But I would love to wear it normally but need to work out how to wear it without making it look too costumey.  And I need the right shirt to wear under it.  I was going to wear white but thought it might be too stark in comparison to the dress so my next though is red.

How would you wear this dress?

8 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

I don't what excites me more... that super cute vintage dress (yay - I love it!) or mango bubble tea (Yay - did you have pearls???).

Good for you for a bit of lateral thinking in wearing it backwards. If I were you I would pull out five or six (or ten or twenty!) different tops - blouses, shirts, tshirts and try them all - I am often surprised but what looks good together. It will only be costumey if you wear clogs and do braids and carry a basket and start offering Swedish massage. And even then, so what???

I for one am very happy to see the return on your outfit posts Kat!

Sarah xxx

Mazz said...

Yes! I knew you would love the retro shops over there, they're amazeballs. Such a cute outfit and clever reversies, definitely a red singlet btw. Maybe red with a lil' bit of lace on top? I don't know ;o)

m.e (Cathie) said...

you look very stylish Kat! i love it backwards even more ♥

Veronica Darling... said...

I love all your London vintage experiences! YAY!

I'd wear a sheer lace thing (not that I have one) so you're showing a bit of boob, but it's covered. Is that possible?

Otherwise a red stocking top? xoxo

Erin said...

Oh Kat, you look so lovely :)
I think i would have worn it exactly the way you have, twisted around. The back is so cheeky, it's like a surprise! The colours are so pretty :)
xErin

anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

sammy said...

Love the dress, I wouldn't bother about finding the top to go under it ... it looks fabulous like that!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

How cool! I already thought it was amazing...then you go and tell me it's backwards! That is just awesome!

There's a rad vintage store in Melbourne that I'll be hitting up this weekend. I hope I have some of your luck!

Domain registration india said...

You looks stylish and your dresses are so beautiful.