Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (I used minced garlic)
- 550g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red onions, cut in wedges
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinkly sliced
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs mirin seasoning
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 1 bunch (300g) baby bok choy, coarsely shredded
- 1 tbs spoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Heat wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil and swirl to coat surface. Stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds. Transfer garlic to a bowl.
Add 2 teaspoons of remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry beef in batches for 2-3 minutes or until seared. Transfer for a heatproof bowl.
Heat remaining oil in wok. Add onion, carrot and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Return beef with soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil. Toss for 3-4 minutes or until heated. Add bok choy and stir fry for 30 seconds. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve immediately.
Do you have any other healthy but quick recipes you can share with me?
Monday, March 15, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
- melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Add bicard soda and sit to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl sift flour, ginger and mixed spice. Add brown sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the honey/butter mixture and the egg.
- Mix until ingredients are well combined. Press mixture into a baking pan. The one I used was a 23cm square cake tin.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes in a 180 degree celsius oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix icing sugar and to make a smooth icing. Add extra water or icing sugar as needed. Tint icing sugar pink and spread on top of cooled slice.
- Slice and enjoy!